Sermon on Sunday November 23, 2014 by Pastor Thomas Tate
Part 1 of 2
Part 2 of 2
The Humility of Moses
MICAH’S PRAYER – The Making of A Godly Man
Lord I pray that you would develop him in his heart, mind, body, soul and spirit. Setting him apart to serve you and bring glory to your name in all of his ways and all of his days. Father I pray that you would bless him in his knowledge of you and give him the strength, stature and wisdom of Solomon I pray that you would give him the faithfulness of Abraham and the humility of Moses.
The Humility Of Moses
- (Now the man Moses was very humble, more than any man who was on the face of the earth.)
Humble Before God
- “Therefore, come now, and I will send you to Pharaoh, so that you may bring My people, the sons of Israel, out of Egypt.” But Moses said to God, “Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the sons of Israel out of Egypt?”
Humble About Himself
- Then Moses said to the Lord, “Please, Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither recently nor in time past, nor since You have spoken to Your servant; for I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.” The Lord said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes him mute or deaf, or seeing or blind? Is it not I, the Lord? “Now then go, and I, even I, will be with your mouth, and teach you what you are to say.”
(Part 2 of 2 Audio Begins)
Humble With His Family
- Then Moses departed and returned to Jethro his father-in-law and said to him, “Please, let me go, that I may return to my brethren who are in Egypt, and see if they are still alive.” And Jethro said to Moses, “Go in peace.”
Humble Before The People
- But Moses spoke before the Lord, saying, “Behold, the sons of Israel have not listened to me; how then will Pharaoh listen to me, for I am unskilled in speech?” Then the Lord spoke to Moses and to Aaron, and gave them a charge to the sons of Israel and to Pharaoh king of Egypt, to bring the sons of Israel out of the land of Egypt.
Humble In Obedience
- So Moses and Aaron did it; as the Lord commanded them, thus they did. Moses was eighty years old and Aaron eighty-three, when they spoke to Pharaoh.
The Lord Exalts The Humble
- The Lord gave the people favor in the sight of the Egyptians. Furthermore, the man Moses himself was greatly esteemed in the land of Egypt, both in the sight of Pharaoh’s servants and in the sight of the people.
- Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you.
Pride Causes Destruction
- Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before stumbling. It is better to be humble in spirit with the lowly than to divide the spoil with the proud. He who gives attention to the word will find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the
Be Humble With Others
- always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father; and be subject to one another in the fear of Christ.
Humility Is The Beginning Of Healing
- “ If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people, and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.