Sermon on Sunday, January 20, 2013 by Pastor Thomas Tate
Sermon-based Bible Study Questions
1. How many days a week do yo read the Bible? Why do you read it? How has it changed you?
2. Read 2 Timothy 3:1-7. Why is it so imoirtant for us to know the truth of God’s word? Why do so many churches not follow God’s word? Why should we at Calvary follow it?
3. Read 2 Timothy 3:8-9. What is obvious about those who don’t follow God’s word? When is a time that you have heard a false teacher? Has there been a time that you were deceived for a little while, until you learned the truth (share your story)?
4. Read 2 Timothy 3:10-12. What are the attributes that we are to follow as instructed here in God’s word? Notice it doesn’t say anything about judging one another. Read verse 12 again. How many will be persecuted and what for? Sare a time when you were persecuted for doing the right thin?
5. Read 2 Timothy 3:13-17. How much of scripture is inspired by God? What does it mean to treat God’s word like a buffett and why do so many Christians and churches treat it that way?
6. Waht is God’s word profitable for? What does “reproofing” mean? How should we allow God’s word to reproof us? What is the last thing God reproofed you in? Do you ever avoid God’s word because you know you need to change bur aren’t ready to?
7. What will the Bible help us do (verse 17)?
8. Are you ready to let the word of God change you? How? Will you commit to reading God’s word daily in order to learn how to change yourself?