Sermon on Sunday September 9, 2012 by Pastor Rick Weber, NAB Northwest Regional Minister
Sermon-based Bible Study Questions
1. Read I Corinthians 9:19-23. What would surprise Paul’s readers about what Paul wrote?
2. What would people in Paul’s day say about his behavior if they observed him “becoming all things to all people.”?
3. What drove Paul to this radical behavior?
4. How would you make a direct application of Paul’s strategy to your life today?
5. How does this strategy apply to the corporate body – the church – today? Specifically, how does it apply to our church today?
6. Consider the neighborhood around our church. What does it mean for Calvary to become all things to all men so that by all possible mean we might save some?
7. What were Paul’s priorities when it came to the Gospel?
8. Read I Corinthians 9:24-27. What does it mean to be in “strict training” as a congregation?
9. If we are going to “win the race” how will our priorities change? How will this affect our values? Personally? As a church?
10. Read Luke 19:1-10. How did Jesus model what Paul is advocating?
11. Share one way you are going to adopt Paul’s strategy to reach the lost. Discuss, as a group, how your group will apply this strategy?