Do You Know The Voice Of God?
- “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter by the door into the fold of the sheep, but climbs up some other way, he is a thief and a robber. “But he who enters by the door is a shepherd of the sheep. “To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. “When he puts forth all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice. “A stranger they simply will not follow, but will flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers.” This figure of speech Jesus spoke to them, but they did not understand what those things were which He had been saying to them.
Jesus Is The Door To Salvation
- So Jesus said to them again, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. “All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. “I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
Jesus Wants To Give Us More Than We Can Even Imagine
- “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
- For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love.
- May be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.
Keep Your Eyes On The Good Shepherd
- “I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. “He who is a hired hand, and not a shepherd, who is not the owner of the sheep, sees the wolf coming, and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. “He flees because he is a hired hand and is not concerned about the sheep.
Do You Know The Voice Of God?
“I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me, even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. “I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.
We Are All One In Christ
- For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.
Jesus Chooses To Love Us
- “For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again. “No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father.”
Does The Words Of Jesus Offend You Or Comfort You?
- A division occurred again among the Jews because of these words. Many of them were saying, “He has a demon and is insane. Why do you listen to Him?” Others were saying, “These are not the sayings of one demon-possessed. A demon cannot open the eyes of the blind, can he?”
Sermon-based Bible Study Questions
1. Have you ever heard the voice of God? What did He say? What did you do? How did it turn out? If you haven’t heard God’s voice do you want to? How does someone get in the position of hearing God’s voice?
2. In John 10:1-6. How can you distinguish between a true sheep (disciple) of Jesus and someone who does not belong to Him? When and where has Jesus lead you to?
3. Read John 10:7-9; Matthew 7:13-15. According to Jesus how many ways are there to heaven? Will most people make it to heaven or hell? How do you feel about that? How many people do you know personally that according to Jesus are going to hell (their trusting in something other than completely in Jesus)? What are you willing to do to change their destination (really, not just words that you will never follow through with)?
4. Read 2 Corinthians 11:4,13-15. In today’s world there are many Jesus’ being proclaimed (Mormon Jesus is brother of Lucifer and JW’s Jesus is just an angel). Mitt Romney, a Mormon, has been called a “Christian” by Joel Osteen (Pastor of largest Christian church in U.S.), how does this line up with scripture? How should we respond as true believers in the true Jesus?
5. Read John 10:10. What kind of life does Jesus want to give us? Does that mean He wants us all to be rich? Jesus wants you to live an awesome spiritual life. Do you feel like you are living it? Why or why not? Do you want an awesome spiritual life? What are you willing to do and give up to have it (really)? Help encourage each person with were they struggle in attaining that awesome spiritual life.
6. Read John 10:14-16. Do you know God intimately or do you know about God? What is the difference? Is there a difference where they will spend eternal life, is just knowing about Jesus enough? How many flocks will there be in the end? What does that mean? How does that effect denominations in Heaven? How then should we see ourselves now in light of this?