Sunday Sermon on April 29, 2012 by Pastor Thomas Tate
1. Read John 7:15. What kind of spiritual education did Jesus have? Why do we now put so much emphasis on seminary or the title phd? Jesus first disciples were uneducated as well, why do you think God did it this way and pointed it out (what does it mean to us)?
2. Read John 7:16-18. In verse 17 what must we be willing to do to know God’s ways for our life? Would you ask someone to do something if you knew they would not ever do it? In verse 18 who is the true person who will do the will of God?
3. Read Proverbs 3:5-6. What does it mean to you to trust in the Lord with all your heart? The word “intelligence” means-life experiences and intellect. When was a hard time for you to follow what God’s word said verses what you have experienced or thought in life?
4. Read James 1:5-8. What are three things named in these verses that we are responsible for to receive God wisdom? If we are unwilling to follow through (doubting) what can we expect from God? Have you ever felt like God is not answering your prayers? How can we increase our faith? Is there something you are struggling with right now to trust to God?
5. Read Psalm 37:3-5. What are four things listed in this verse to receive the desires of your heart? How does delighting yourself in the Lord connect to receiving your hearts desire? Can we live like the devil and expect the Lord to trust us with His will?
6. Read Psalm 38:8-9. How are we like mules? What is something that you were stubborn about to follow God in? How can you use that lesson to encourage others to not be a mule?
7. Are there things we don’t need to pray about since God’s word already made it clear what His will is? Name some (1 Thess. 4:3).
8. What about things that aren’t clear (read Romans 14:22-23)?