Sunday Sermon on April 1, 2012 by Pastor Thomas Tate
1. What insights, principles, or observations from this weekend’s messages did you find to be most helpful or eye opening? Explain?
2. Read John 12:12-16. Why did you think Jesus road a donkey instead of a white stallion (Read Zechariah 9:9)? What did most people on the ground and why do you think they did it? (Read Matthew 20:4-11). Why do you think they wanted Jesus to be their King but later rejected Him as their King? (Read Mark 15:12-13). Did Jesus let them down somehow in their minds? Have you ever been let down by Jesus due to your expectations on Him? How did you get through it?
3. How should the fact that Jesus is the KING affect our relationship with Him? Do you think many people only see Him as a savior and friend and forget about His Kingship? James and Paul and other thought of themselves as servants to the King Jesus, how does thinking of yourself as a servant to a King affect you? How does Luke 6:46 apply to this?
4. In Esther the Bible tells us that if someone approached the throne of the King for a request that they could die if not accepted (Esther 4:11). In Exodus 33:20-23 God warns us from approaching Him. How did Jesus make it possible for us to come to the throne with boldness? Read 1 Timothy 2:5-6 and the awesomeness of our ability to approach the throne? Did it change how you think about entering prayer?
6. Jesus came as a humble King on a donkey but how will he return? Read Revelations 19:11-16 and discuss how different His return will be.
7. Discuss the video at the end and what you thought of it.