1. How do you view the Bible? Is it completely God’s word or something less than that? What role does it play in your life? Read 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
2. Should the Bible be worshiped or followed? How do you feel about the statement, “the Bible ITSELF cannot save you”? Read John 5:39-40. What should be honored more and first, Jesus or the Bible? Does Jesus point us to the Bible or does the Bible point us to Jesus? How can putting the Bible ahead of our relationship with Jesus lead us to judgementalism?
4. Have you ever wondered how the Old Testament people were saved? Did you think it was by their works and the Ten Commandments?
5. Read 1 Peter 1:9-12. Who was in the prophets of the Old Testament? What was He teaching or showing them?
6. Read Romans 1:1-4. What was promised beforehand by the prophets of the Old Testament?
7. Read John 8:56. Who saw Jesus’ day? Read 1 Corinthians 15:3-4. What did Paul learn of from the Scriptures? Did you realize that the New Testament had not been written yet and that this is a reference to the Old Testament?
8. Read Acts 2:24-32. Who spoke of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus? What does it say he looked forward to and spoke of?
9. Read Acts 10:43. According to this verse what did ALL the prophets of the Old Testament tells us we need to do to be forgiven and obtain salvation?
10. Share when (if you have) realized that you are saved by faith and not keeping the commandments? Share your story.