Sunday Sermon on February 5, 2012 by Pastor Thomas Tate
1. How does a healthy marriage affect the children? How can healthy Children affect their peers? How can healthy church’s affect their community and visitors? How do unhealthy marriages, kids and churches affect others?
2. Have you ever felt that some people will only accept you if you change to be like them? Read Romans 14:1. Do you feel like it’s hard for you to accept other Christians who do things that you wouldn’t do? That aren’t part of other denomination? People who have different opinions than you?
3. How do you know if you are WEAKER or STRONGER in the faith? Read Romans 14:1-23. Notice strength isn’t based on how much of Bible you know but on your attitude of judgementalism. Do you find yourself judging others who do things you feel convicted on? Do you judge others who listen to different styles of music than you? Do you judge others who watch shows you wouldn’t watch? Did hearing Jesus drank alcohol offend you (Matthew 11:18-19, 1 Timothy 5:23)? Do you judge others because of differences of opinion on grey matters? Would you make a good Amish person? J Then you are of the weaker in faith and should live by your convictions but not judge others.
4. Do you realize that God made all things clean and live in the freedom that Christ gave you from the Mosaic laws (sacrificing animals, eating certain foods, death penalty for working on Sabbath…) and don’t judge others who do things differently than you? (Keep in mind that something are black and white; sex before marriage, false religions, drunkenness…)Then you are stronger in the faith. Do you look down on others who restrict themselves from things you know are ok? What does the Bible warns us about concerning this?
5. When there are differences of opinion who should decide for a group what to do? (Home) Read Colossians 3:20 and discuss. (Marriage) Read Ephesians 5:22-25 and discuss. (Work) Read 1 Peter 2:18 and discuss. (Government) Read Titus 3:1-2 and discuss. (Church) Read Hebrews 13:17 and discuss.