Sunday Sermon on January 29, 2011 by Pastor Thomas Tate
1. Have you ever had someone that is unwilling to meet you half way in working things out? Have you ever had someone gossip to you and you didn’t know what to do? Share how it made you feel.
2. What do you do when other people aren’t doing the right things? Go along with them so they don’t get mad at you? Listen but don’t say much? Argue with them? Try to persuade them with how you’re right?
3. How should you handle a gossip or someone stirring the pot? Read Proverbs 26:17-23. How can you make contentions quiet down? Read Proverbs 20:10. How should you handle a gossiper? Are you able to do that? Read Proverbs 22:24-25. What should be your association with an angry person? What do the answers to these question look like in real life?
4. Read Colossians 3:12-14. How are Christians suppose to act towards one another and why? Why do you think so many churches are filled with inter conflict? How would church’s improve if they followed these verses? Would it improve their effectiveness or not? Why?
6. Discuss the four promises of forgiveness: 1. I will not think about this incident. 2. I will not bring this incident up and use it against you. 3. I will not talk to others about this incident. 4. I will not allow this incident to stand between or hinder our personal relationship.
7. Duck and let God deal with them. Read 1 Peter 2:19-3:2. What finds favor with God? What is our purpose in this passage and who are we to copy? What two relational examples does this passage use? How can you apply that to your life or can you? In the final three sentences how does it tell us we can inherit a blessing? What do you think that blessing is?