Sermon on Sunday, November 13, 2011 by Pastor Thomas Tate
1. What insight, principle, or observation from this weekend’s message did you find to be most helpful or eye opening? Explain.
2. When was the last time you saw God do a miracle in your life, a specific answer to your prayers? When, what, how and who.
3. Jesus went to Galilee, back where he performed His first recorded miracle at the wedding. Why did He go back there instead of staying in Jerusalem? Read Matthew 13:57-58. Jesus left one “holy” place because of their lack of faith to look for a place that had faith (not a known “holy place”) in order to perform His miracles. How can we link that to today’s times and churches and our Christian lives?
4. What is holding so many back from having the kind of faith that God performs miracles through?
5. Read John 4:47-48. I believe Jesus response was to the crowd and not to the father since He said, “you people”. What is Jesus saying about many who call on Him? What is your view on the “ME CHURCH” mentality (I better get what I want or I’m leaving mentality)?
6. Read John 4:49-53 and 1 John 5:14-15. How important is it to know God’s promises (will)? Is knowing what Jesus said enough or do we have to believe like the father did? How did the father show faith after Jesus agreed to heal his son? How important is to act upon our belief? How do we do that? When is a time you acted or didn’t act on your faith? What did you learn from it?
7. Read John 14:13. I believe that this is the most important part of our prayers. What does John 14:13 say is the key to answered prayers, what does the answer need to do in the end? How should this change our prayer request?