Sermon by Pastor Thomas Tate on Sunday, September 18, 2011
1. What insight, principle, or observation from this weekend’s message did you find to be most helpful or eye opening? Explain.
2. Nicodemus was at least equivalent to a college Bible professor (actually he was greater than that) but Jesus said Nicodemus didn’t understand scripture. What is the difference between knowing something and understanding it? Is it possible that there are preachers and teachers of the Bible who aren’t born again and know the scriptures but don’t understand the scriptures?
3. Read Ezekiel 36:25-27. What are the 7 things that will happen when you are born of the Spirit? Share what the Spirit has cleansed you from, either lately or in the past.
4. Read 1 Corinthians 2:12-14. What does the Spirit gives us that we cannot humanly know? According to this passage does God want to make it difficult to attain His wisdom? Why then do so many have a hard time knowing the mind of God? What are we to combine with these thoughts? How are ways to do that?
5. Read numbers 21:5-9. Who did the people speak against? What did they speak against? What did God do in response to their sin? What did they have to do to be healed of the poison? How does this relate to John 3:14-15 and eternal life?
6. What are some of the troubles/poison you are having in your life now or in the past? Who do we need to look to be healed from our relational poisons? How much of the troubles we are experiencing due to the fact that we are not seeking Spiritual thoughts and applying Spiritual words?