Sermon by Pastor Thomas Tate on Sunday September11, 2011
1. What insight, principle, or observation from this weekend’s message did you find to be most helpful or eye opening? Explain.
2. Where were you on 911? What was your first thoughts and emotions? How did it change you?
3. What worry/911 or burden/anxiety are you dealing with right now? According to Matthew 11:28-30 what do we need to do to find rest for our souls? Why is that so hard to do?
4. According to 1 Peter 5:6-11 what can be the result of suffering? What would happen if you cut open a cocoon and not let the caterpillar struggle? How does that apply to us? How can this apply to our nation in regard to 911?
5. Read Exodus 23:25-30. Why didn’t God remove all their enemies/problems out of the way at once? How does this apply to your life? Can you look back and see a time where God did this in your life?
6. Read Philippians 4:6-8. What is the first thing we need to do when we are feeling anxious or facing a crisis? In What kind of attitude should we be praying? How do you have that kind of attitude when facing emergencies and anxieties? What does God promise those that do trust everything to Him?
7. Also in Philippians 4:6-8 what else can we do to overcome all the negative in the world and our lives? Do you see the glass half full or half empty? Test yourself to find out: Are you irritated when you see mistakes in bulletin or are you just thankful to have one? If you find yourself being a negative person what do you think might happen if you gave this positive type thinking mentioned in this passage a try? Would you try it?